Over the years, numerous reports and photographs about our events have been published on the internet and so we have provided links to some of the more interesting ones below. However as some of them are now quite old, we apologise if any of the links no longer lead anywhere useful.
Imberbus 2019 – Gridlock !
This was our busiest Imberbus yet with 28 buses in use and approximately 4000 passengers carried, including 200 who arrived by charter train. However increased press coverage also resulted in many people driving up to Imber rather than using the buses, which proved challenging due to the lack of car parking available.
- What we had planned (including timetable)
- Imberbus 2019 video from Don Constance
- Far from the Madding Crowd – Imberbuses filmed in locations away from Imber
- Imberbus 2019 as filmed by Gareth Noble
- Press reports from the BBC and the Gazette & Herald.
Imberbus 2018 – The Movie
In 2018 we were joined thy the “All the Stations” team who produced a short documentary about Imberbus which has already been watched 100,000 times on the internet. You can view it by clicking here or on the picture below.
There is also a short documentary here showing the work that goes into setting up the infrastructure for Imberbus on the previous day.
Imberbus 2017 – Coping with Charters
In 2007 we had to expand our operations to cater for two tour groups, one of which arrived by train at Warminster, the other by coach at Chitterne.
- 2017 Advert by Visions International
- YouTube videos by Bovine of the Rails – Part 1 – Part 2
- A German take on Imberbus
- Imberbus receives an award
Imberbus 2016 – Battling the Weather
- BBC Ghost Village report (including Aerial pictures)
- Routemaster buses take Imber visitors back_in_time (Wiltshire Times report)
- Drone Aerial footage of Imber, including Imberbuses
- Photos on Flickr taken by KS Chow, Ken Jones, Ekawrecker, Tim Welbourn and others.
Imberbus 2015 – Borrowing the battlebus
- Diamond Geezer visits Imber
- Imberbus coverage on Forces TV
- A bus to the ‘ghost village’ of Imber (article in the Financial times)
- Report in the Wiltshire Times newspaper
- Focus Transport have a Great Day out at Imberbus
- Photos on Flickr taken by Clive Brown, Tubemad, Southampton Atlantean, Billy Birkett, Peter Burt, Martin Baldwin, Andrew and others.
In addition, further information on the Battle Bus project can be found here.
Imberbus 2014 – making a splash !
- On the road to nowhere: Imberbus article in the independent
- More shooting from Katie Pickersgill on Flickr
- An Imberbus slideshow on Youtube by Dwayne Alexander
- Imberbus photographs on Facebook
- The military comandeer RMC1510 (as reported on Twitter)!
- Report of the event in “Route One” magazine
Imberbus 2013 – to Copehill Down and Chitterne
- A report of the event from the “Locks and Life” blog
- IanVisits Imberbus – blog report and photographs
- Martin Baldwin’s Routemaster Road Trip to the ‘Lost Village of Imber’
- What Katie shot next – Photo’s taken by Katie Pickersgill
- Imberbus photos taken by Chippenham Lodekka
- Photos on Flickr from Buslover22
- London Reconnections – Imber Buses in Pictures
Imberbus 2012 – Celebrating the Jubilee with the Old and the New
- A YouTube video of a Routemaster Ride to Brazen Bottom
- Photos on Flickr taken by Katie Pickersgill
- and more from First Bristol
- A report of the event on the Focus Transport Website
- Photos of LT1 from Chippenham Loddekka
- … and a report of its participation on the Omnibuses Blogspot
Imberbus 2011 – New Zealand Farm and Brazen Bottom
- The bus to Imber rides again
- Market Lavington Museum Blog
- Imber Day from Lavington Life
- Leon Daniels’ Imberbus Blog
- Wiltshire Wanderings Imberbus photographs
- Cheque presentation to the Royal British Legion
Imberbus 2010 – Buses to the Bustard
- Leon Daniels’ Imberbus Blog
- Warminster People – Warminster to Imber on the 23A
- Warminster People – Day Trip to Imber
- London Evening Standard’s Imberbus article
Imberbus 2009 – The first year
- Warminster People – Double-decker-buses-cross-Salisbury-Plain
- Warminster People – Bus-Trip-Warminster-Imber (photographs)
- Night Hawk’s Weblog – On the bus to nowhere
If you can see anything below this line, it is an advertisement and is not related to our event, so please ignore it.