If you have travelled on Imberbus before, you may notice a few differences in 2021 including the following:
- The Imberbuses will be the only vehicles allowed on the military roads on 21st August.
- The Imber Park & Ride site will NOT be in operation this year as no other vehicles are being allowed into the Salisbury Plain Military Training Area.
- Buses will only operate to New Zealand Farm Camp until early afternoon, so if you wish to travel on this bit of our network after lunch, we suggest that you do it first.
- To reduce congestion outside the Rail Station, this year the morning direct bus from Warminster to Chitterne will depart from the Coach Station Layby in Warminster Central Car Park at 1035 – NOT from outside the Station building. This year there will also be two direct journeys from Chitterne back to Warminster in the late afternoon at 1554 and 1624.
- Our Interchange point at Gore Cross moved to a new location in 2018 (see picture below). This is away from the main road so if you have not been there before, please click here to see the layout plan.
- Passengers travelling between Warminster and Imber only will now be issued a day return ticket on the first trip, rather than a single ticket on each journey.
- The Market Lavington Museum is undergoing refurbishment so will not be open this year. However cream teas will still be served in the Old School House near the Church.
- The Rose & Crown at Tilshead is now an Italian Restaurant, not a Pub !
- Due to engineering work in Bristol, trains will be running to Warminster from Parkway Station in Bristol instead of Temple Meads in 21st August 2021. However rail replacement buses will be available from Temple Meads to connect with trains at Bath instead.
- There will be no special charter trains to Imberbus this year.
Please also note that car parking may be in short supply in Warminster on the day of our event, as part of the Central Car Park may be in use as a Covid testing station. We therefore strongly advise you to use public transport to attend our event if at all possible.